Business is Business
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business is Business

A Mafia based roleplay site where alliances are made and broken daily and those involved in the business never know which day will be their last.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing Prompts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis Westmore

Artemis Westmore

Writing Prompts Empty
PostSubject: Writing Prompts   Writing Prompts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Lately I've felt my writing's not as good as it used to be for whatever reason, not only with promos, but with fics and writing in general, for whatever reason.
Whatever it is, I decided to try out some writing prompts to try and get back the 'spark' I feel is missing, so I'm going to post ones which feature any of my muses from this site (and probably others) here and hopefully over time I'll feel better about my writing.

Feel free to comment with any feedback so that I can use it to improve where needed.
At some point I'll probably go back over these and write something about them myself.

Last edited by Justin Gabriel on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis Westmore

Artemis Westmore

Writing Prompts Empty
PostSubject: Prompt: Too far gone   Writing Prompts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Prompt: Too far gone

Remy slowly stood, pulling a cloth from his pocket to wipe blood from his knife with shaky hands, glancing down at the now lifeless body at his feet. Somewhere deep in the back of his mind he knew what he’d done was wrong, but he ignored it. It was his job after all. He looked up when he heard footsteps, quickly leaving the house through nearest window, heading back to his own where he was forced to live, away from his friends and the person he loved; away from his father even.
For a brief second he realised, as he stood at his bathroom sink, washing blood off his hands; that he was lonely living in the small house on his own. He glanced down at his hands before looking back up at his reflection, messy brown hair and blue eyes staring back at him, the innocent look he’d once had in them gone.

He’d been trained for this job, to be an assassin for years now, having been taken from his father when he was barely old enough to start school and now was almost old enough to be graduating from college, had he actually gone instead of being put through the training his boss had forced him through.

Though he’d been killing for his boss for years now, in the past he’d only ever killed other murderers, other people in the mafia business; but lately his boss had been changing him. He’d been whispering to Remy like he were his conscience, if they good side didn’t exist that is, slowly corrupting Remy.
He’d forbidden him to see the one he loved, telling him someone who worked as what his boss referred to as a ‘whore’ would just distract Remy from his work and make him go soft. His boss had even gone as far as telling Remy that he would harm his father if he didn’t listen.
On the outside, the Remy everyone knew had slowly been fading away, leaving nothing but a cold and uncaring assassin in place of his former self, which is what led him to be standing in his bathroom; washing the blood of an innocent person off his hands. On the inside though, Remy was very much aware of how wrong what he was doing was, but was unable to stop himself; feeling as if someone else had taken over his body, but left him trapped inside to watch as everyone he cared about was driven away from him.

He knew he had to stop walking down this dark road before it was too late, but he couldn’t.
Back to top Go down

Writing Prompts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Business is Business :: General Discussion :: Writing-
Jump to: